Can You Figure These Out? - Page 2
1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that have not eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
The third. Lions that have not eaten in 3 years are dead.
2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.
3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Saturday or Sunday?
Sure you can: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow!
5. This is an unusual paragraph. I am curious how quickly you can spot what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, although you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!
The letter "e", which is the most common letter in the English language, does not appear once in this paragraph.